After 5+ wonderful years, I will be leaving Young People For (YP4). Movement building work is about making a contribution and then making space for new leadership. It is for that reason that I am excited to pass the torch to a new Director, with new ideas and a fresh perspective as YP4 moves into its 11th year of operations.
The work has shaped me, my career, and point of view. More importantly, YOU have transformed and inspired me. I am forever grateful to alumni and staff who have given me this gift.
Our network is organically and intentionally advancing the visions and capacity of more than 1,300 young, passionate leaders.
Though it has always been a group effort, I take personal pride in all we’ve accomplished together over the past five years. We’ve:
- Implemented the first local Front Line Leaders Academy in Los Angeles County;
- Expanded our presence in the Midwest, South, and at community colleges;
- launched initiatives focused on limiting the influence of money in elections; advocating for fair and just courts, and increasing voter engagement;
- Reengaged over 60% of YP4 alumni;
- Launched a redesigned website.
This success is in no small part due to you and your visionary and critical support. I am very happy about the time I have spent here – especially the opportunity to meet and work with amazing people like you, committed to social justice.
This is an exciting time for YP4. I hope you will join me in celebrating this transition. I am looking forward to hearing about how the program grows and changes, and engaging with its alumni network now, and in the future.
P.S. It is never goodbye in movement work – just see you soon! My personal contact information is email@example.com and 240.232.5584