Curriculum & Leadership Associate Intern- Fall 2016
Young People For (YP4), a Program of People for the American Way Foundation, is seeking an enthusiastic, organized, self-motivated intern with high initiative and attention to detail to support the Fellowship team in daily department operations.
Young People For (YP4) is a progressive leadership development program focused on identifying, engaging, and empowering the next generation of progressive leaders. YP4 is dedicated to identifying young campus and community leaders, engaging them, and supporting them with the skills and resources they need to create change. Together, PFAW and YP4 are building a long-term network of emerging leaders committed to progressing our country and world to be a more equitable and just place.
YP4 has three overarching priorities: 1) to diversify leadership in the progressive movement; 2) to support young leaders to effect change in their communities now; and 3) to ensure that young leaders are sustained in their leadership over the long term. The core of YP4 is our one-year Fellowship Program for progressive college students, which supports and empowers them to create progressive social change on their campuses and in their communities. The Alumni Program works with the alumni of the one-year Fellowship to continue to support their development as progressive leaders and participants in the progressive movement.
The position is located in Washington, DC and reports to the YP4 Curriculum & Leadership Associate.
- Support the Young People For team at local, state, regional, and national conferences and events.
- Assist the YP4 Curriculum & Leadership Associate in researching and developing the YP4 curricula.
- Support in review, tracking, and follow up on execution of Blueprints for Social Justice.
- Provide support to Fellows in the creation of their Individualized Leadership Development Plans (ILDP).
- Support the Young People For team with planning and execution of the Regional Trainings and National Summit.
- Assist Fellowship staff members with day-to-day communication with Fellows.
- Contribute to the YP4 Blog, social media, and special projects.
- Perform administrative support and duties as needed.
- Experience with grassroots, political, student or youth organizing and/or youth leadership development.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment; must be well organized, detail-oriented and able to effectively manage competing priorities and frequent deadlines.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the unique challenges of cultivating diverse emerging leaders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to work effectively with a variety of people.
- Excellent written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently, with supervision, and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with MSOffice applications and SALSA CRM; experience with online communities and interest in web-based tools to advance progressive causes.
- Familiarity with the progressive community, and a commitment to the issues that Young People For Fellows and alumni work on. (see www.yp4.org for more information)
- Commitment to continued personal growth and leadership development
- Fluency in multiple languages a plus.
To apply, send resume and statement of interest to email@example.com with “YP4 Curriculum & Leadership Intern” in the subject.
People For the American Way Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer