The Young People For (YP4) Fellowship is a long-term leadership development program for college aged folks, that aims to identify, engage and empower young people who are historically left out of the leadership development pipeline to take action in their community, today. Throughout the one year Fellowship, Fellows are offered training and resources as they implement a self-designed community action plan called a Blueprint for Social Justice
Who is an ideal Fellow?
Passion for Community
- If you love your community and are passionate about making it better, this Fellowship is for you. We’re looking for people who want to #BuildaBetterNow for their communities by creating a plan to solve the problems facing it. Whether you’re just getting started or already have a plan in action, we want you to #JointheFam.
- If you haven’t had traditional access to leadership development opportunities, but are curious to learn how to be a leader with a social justice lens, than this Fellowship is for you. YP4 believes that everyone has a different path to leadership development and we strive to create a space for you to flourish, wherever you may be on your leadership journey. We’re looking for people who value social justice and are eager to learn all that they can through this Fellowship.
- Humility is a core component to keeping the integrity of the Fellowship. We’re looking for people who demonstrate great passion to create change in their communities and at the same time stay grounded and humble in their work. You will be successful in this Fellowship if you have a strong desire to learn the necessary tools and skills to become an agent of change and seize every experience to learn something new.
- We need people who have a vision for their community and aren’t afraid to think outside the box. YP4 will help you hone your plan and connect it to the work being done across all communities. This Fellowship is for anyone who wants to think creatively about solutions for their community.
Fellowship General Requirements:
1. Attend one mandatory Regional Training.
- Please note: You must attend the Regional Training that aligns with the state you will live in during the Fellowship cycle (May 1st 2018 – April 30th 2019).
- Please save the dates for your state specific 2018 Regional Training:
- West: June 14-17, 2018 (CA, OR, WA, ID, NV, AZ, NM, MT, WY, CO, UT, AK, HI)
- Central: July 12-15, 2018 (ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, TX, MN, IA, MO, AR, LA, WI, IL, MS)
- East: August 9-12, 2018 (MI, IN, KY, TN, AL, FL, GA, OH, WV, VA, NC, SC, PA, NY, MD, NJ, DE, CT, RI, VT, NH, MA, ME, PR, VI, DC)
2. Attend YP4’s 15th Annual National Summit the weekend of February 15-18, 2019.
3. Complete a Blueprint for Social Justice (Outline, Draft, and Final).
- Priority Application Deadline: December 31, 2017
- Priority Application Review and Interviews: January 2-31, 2018
- Final Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
- Application Review and Interviews: March 5-23, 2018
- All applicants notified of application status: March 30, 2018
Have questions about YP4 and the Fellowship? Check out these upcoming Facebook Live info sessions:
- “Meet the Fam: An Overview of the YP4 Experience”: November 8, 2017 at 12:30PM
- “How to Join the Fam: An Overview of the Application Process”: December 6, 2017 at 12:30PM
- “Why Join the Fam: An Overview of the Opportunities in the YP4 Fellowship”: January 3, 2017 at 12:30PM
If you have any questions regarding your interest in the YP4 Fellowship program, please email email@example.com.